• AKAForums.ru

Русскоязычная версия форума (требуется отдельная регистрация).
    Все о металлоипоиске с детекторами АКА на русском языке!

reloading ammo

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by Bibelot, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Bibelot

Bibelot Guest

Local Time:
    12:21 AM
    Does anyone else reload ?

2. TS
    TS
    Wayne

Wayne Guest

Local Time:
    I use to reload my 22-250 and my 300 win. mag.

Bibelot and SuchMuch like this.
  3. TS
    TS
    Bibelot

Bibelot Guest

Local Time:
    I still reload 22-250 for coyote hunting and .223 Ackley improved which is what got me into reloading again as you have to fire form cases from .223 Rem.to create the .223 Ackley improved.The safeact here eliminated online ordering of 22/22 mag ammo for NY state and there was none to be found unless you pay twice the amount of the normal price. I started reloading for .223 since it was reloadable and used it to dispatch animals while I've since quit trapping, fur prices tanked but I still like to control the coyote population which is ever increasing.

4. pasadete

pasadete Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Local Time:
    1:21 AM
    First Name:
    Rosendo
    Signum:
    MFD (2.06)
    I reload too 9 Parabellum , 9 Largo , 7x57 , 8x57 , etc
    I missed to buy last month one a Mannlicher M1895 and a Berthier 1916 rifles because in Spain theres no way to buy 8.03mm bullets ... the .223 is banned here, only .222

5. TS
    TS
    Bibelot

Bibelot Guest

Local Time:
    Sometimes you can push little bullets to expand. I use to reload a speer 30 ca!liver bullet for British 303. Speer 100 grain plinker bullet would expand enough to shoot accurately.

6. pasadete

Local Time:
    First Name:
    Rosendo
    Signum:
    MFD (2.06)
    more info please!
    for mosin nagant and SVT40 I use .311 or .312 bullets , you say that I could expand 8mm mauser (.323) bullets to 8.03 lebel (.329)?
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 4, 2018, Original Post Date: Apr 4, 2018 ---
    Only Registered Users Can See Links.

IMG_6081.jpg

7. TS
    TS
    Bibelot

Bibelot Guest

Local Time:
    use a 8 mm 175 gr bullet with a gas check and yes it would work. you can ammo here for it. Only Registered Users Can See Links.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 4, 2018, Original Post Date: Apr 4, 2018 ---
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 4, 2018 ---
    PPU I think is made in Serbia. I use to buy the 223 ppu ammo, it was cheap but shot well.

8. pasadete

Local Time:
    First Name:
    Rosendo
    Signum:
    MFD (2.06)
    I tested PRVI works well on my Swiss K31, is cheap and brass can be reloaded although they are a bit thin.
    Problem theres no 8x50R and 8x56R ammo in Spain, maybe I can find brass 150€/100u but import ammo is prohibited here , well ... ALL is f..ing prohibited here and even more if its about weapons.

9. TS
    TS
    Bibelot

Bibelot Guest

Local Time:
    I'm at work,working 14 hours days, will get help this weekend when I have time. I have
    kinetic bullet puller, can disassemble bullets and send the components to you ?
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 5, 2018, Original Post Date: Apr 5, 2018 ---
    I will post at home.I hate this f.cking tablet ch anging words.

SuchMuch: switch predicting words off in Android settings

10. pasadete

Local Time:
    First Name:
    Rosendo
    Signum:
    MFD (2.06)
    I think its not legal because US is outside EU, police is frightened with the jihadists ...

Thank you very much anyway

11. pasadete

Local Time:
    First Name:
    Rosendo
    Signum:
    MFD (2.06)
    Its prohibited if primer or powder is present , theoretically I can buy brass and bullets without problem in the USA, theoretically because it is possible for the customs officer to stop shipping and notify the police :Bomb::Shout:

12. TS
    TS
    Bibelot

Bibelot Guest

Local Time:
    Yes I could remove the primer and powder but it would be a expensive route. Let me look for bullets. I know I can buy empty brass here but no good without bullets or powder data or reloading dies.My books don't list a lebel.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 5, 2018, Original Post Date: Apr 5, 2018 ---

13. pasadete

Local Time:
    First Name:
    Rosendo
    Signum:
    MFD (2.06)
    Dont worry , I will try to find it in EU

14. TS
    TS
    Bibelot

Bibelot Guest

Local Time:
    With PPU brass, you have to weigh the brass and group the brass in different lots for accuracy consistency. I used the PPU brass to shoot F class competition for a bit until I started buying lapua brass. Hornady brass is cheaper than Lapua but the consistency isn't much better than the PPU. Norma or Lapua are my favorite brass to source. Hornady makes a 53 gr bullet in 22 caliber with Ballistic Coefficient .290 and a Sectional Density of .151. It is my go to varmiter bullet for extended range or for windy days rounds.You can really push them in a Ackley improved or 22- 250 caliber. I even shoot them in F class competition, they are cheaper than Berger bullets for punching paper out to 300 yards.

15. pasadete

Local Time:
    First Name:
    Rosendo
    Signum:
    MFD (2.06)
    I use Lapua , RWS and Norma , still have PPU for 6.5mm sweedish mauser and mosin and beguins to break neck (10 reloads aprox). For 7x57 spanish mauser usually recalibrate 8x57 Norma brass.

I dont need to buy powder, reload with original ammo powder I found while metal detecting and use 7mm and 7.62mm mosin bullets after a good clean, I have at least 7kg of original german and russian powder :Rolleyes:

16. TS
    TS
    Bibelot

Bibelot Guest

Local Time:
    I am beginning to get things in order to do a new rifle build.a 6.5 creedmoor caliber. It's about 200 fps faster than the Swedish 6.5 x 55 caliber.I'm thinking a right bolt, left port action and a all aluminum stock. Something along this line but I want a free floating barrel from a barrel lug mount post in a glass bedding. kinggun01x600.jpg

pasadete and Wayne like this.
  17. pasadete

Local Time:
    First Name:
    Rosendo
    Signum:
    MFD (2.06)
    for precision shot, have you thought about a 6mm Norma BR?
    if it is for hunting a .243 , .270 or a .308 is better option, depending on what you want to beat down