• AKAForums.ru

Русскоязычная версия форума (требуется отдельная регистрация).
    Все о металлоипоиске с детекторами АКА на русском языке!

No Sound on Signum MFT

Discussion in 'Signum MFT & Signum MFD (VLF Mode)' started by John Taylor, Mar 12, 2017.

1. John Taylor

John Taylor AKA Novice

Local Time:
    9:41 AM
    Signum:
    MFT (1.00.c)
    Hi There
    Been out with the dector today, had a good day in general, but I noticed something with the audio and wondered if anyone else has come across this problem. Every so often the audio would die completely and as I looked down at the screen I could see the machine still registering things, but no audio untill about 4 0r 5 steps then audio would come back, a bit like an overload but no overload indication. So I thought not really bothered as long as machine still sounds off, if I walk over a good target, but as day went on It got more anoying, 4 or 5 steps audio would die then come back, but what if in between those 4 or 5 steps I walked over a good target and missed it.
    So I decided to pull a coin out of my pocket and the next time the audio dies I will chuck coin on the floor and see if detector responds, so I tried it and the audio did not respond, for a good 4 or 5 seconds, the sreen captured it but the audio wasnt there so I could potentialy miss a find, I have wireless headphones so I thought it could be those playing up so I disconnected them and went on the speaker audio and the same thing, the audio dies and the machine does not respond to the coin for a good 4 or 5 seconds by which time I could have easly walked over a good target.
    I tried factory reset, adapt coil, GB and still same does anyone have any Ideas, I have the RT chanel quite high so that I can hear faint signals so its very noticable when the audio dies this is how I found it out.

Lasted edited by : Mar 14, 2017
  2. SuchMuch

SuchMuch Administrator Staff Member

Local Time:
    12:41 PM
    First Name:
    Rodion
    Sorex:
    Pro (1.00) Ultra
    Sure you will miss a good target. I would send it back to AKA for repair

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  3. mschmahl

mschmahl "AKA Deutschland" Group Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Local Time:
    10:41 AM
    maybe your coin was better than +86 and could so not sound because of your disc-setting? On silver and bigger cupper coins you can get VDI greater than +86 and if you use a high frequency coil this will happen more often.

4. Ringmoney

Ringmoney AKA Veteran

Local Time:
    First Name:
    Niall
    It sounds like you have a problem with the headphone jack.

5. TS
    TS
    John Taylor

John Taylor AKA Novice

Local Time:
    Signum:
    MFT (1.00.c)
    Not the headphone jack I took headphones out it seemed to null out when it hit a large target will have to have another go before I send it in

6. Ringmoney

Ringmoney AKA Veteran

Local Time:
    First Name:
    Niall
    I said headphone jack because I had a similar problem on my old Sorex, the Sorex would not sound at all, headphones in or out, turned out to be a bad connection in the jack, a little WD 40 sorted the problem.

SuchMuch likes this.
  7. TS
    TS
    John Taylor

John Taylor AKA Novice

Local Time:
    Signum:
    MFT (1.00.c)
    Sprayed head phone jack with a little WD see if that helps

Lasted edited by : Mar 14, 2017
  8. Igor

Igor AKA Consultant AKA Intronika

Local Time:
    12:41 PM
    Could it be an option to keep up to 3 Hodographes saved ?Either as it could be an option to supress Hot Rocks,that is switched on and killing signals from +87 and more still drawing Hodograph.
    And,that's true and pointed above with higher frequnecy at work,when signals are close to +87 and more,that appear to ground rate,so not sounded by the detector.
    As a try to get it over,I would advice to move GB data to the minus side with 1-2 degrees.

SuchMuch likes this.
  9. TS
    TS
    John Taylor

John Taylor AKA Novice

Local Time:
    Signum:
    MFT (1.00.c)
    An update
    Thinking about it when my signum froze the screen still showed signals but the audio was completely killed for 5 to 8 seconds and it was only in discimination mode, I did notice it did it more on one field than the second field, we wre huning on 2 fields at the side of each other, and as I crossed from one to the other it was worse on one field, I think this could have been incorrect setting, but im not sure till I go out again, I have read most of the replies, and I seem to find contradictions, its said that the signum is a special machine designed to find deep signals amongst trash, so therefore you need to crank it up a little otherwise you just have a basic metal detector, what really anoyed me about this problem is that I put a silver coin down, and you had enough time to check to see what machine was doing when I hit a null spot, and yes the screen showed good hit but the audio was dead until it came back, it could be software problem because its the exact same amount of time it nulls for, its as though it sees something it doesnt like kills the audio, must admit itas like a silent overload but nothing like overload apears on screen, its very anoying and puts you off using the detector.

MarkuSorex likes this.
  10. MarkuSorex

MarkuSorex AKA Sectarian

Local Time:
    10:41 AM
    I was out on a windy day last weekend, i had those mild overloads from time to time on my S-Pro too. But only in disc mode. Accumulation was set to three.

On the next windy day i will cover the speaker with ducttape and see if it helps.
    But i have no conclusion why windy could freeze the audio amplifier.

Since i am not deaf i do not watch the Hodo all the time and i dont want to miss targets because of this issue!

Hope this issue gets sorted soon.

Cheers
    MS